How does Hydrotherapy Work?
The healing properties of hydrotherapy are based on the thermal and mechanical effects of the water. Did you know you work out up to 11 times harder in the pool?
Exercises that would be too painful to perform on land are easily achieved in the water. The exercises strengthen muscles and result in improved mobility on land.
Who benefits from Hydrotherapy?
- The hydrotherapy pool is the perfect environment for treating:
- Arthritis, rheumatism, poor circulation
- Sports injuries, back and neck injuries
- Shoulder and upper limb injuries, hip and lower limb injuries
- Balance, neurological conditions
- Pre/post- operative rehabilitation
- Pregnancy and Postnatal care
We offer four small group supervised sessions each week. You will need to be referred by your Physiotherapist prior to attending your first session. Private sessions are also available.